This course will provide foundational level knowledge on Azure concepts; core Azure services; core solutions and management tools; general security and network security; governance, privacy, and compliance features; Azure cost management and service level agreements.
Note: This course does not provide an Azure pass or time for students to participate in hands-on labs. If you are interested in a more interactive hands-on lab experience, consider the AZ-900T00: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (2 day) course, which includes trainer-directed hands-on labs. The content for both courses aligns to the AZ-900 exam objective domain.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the basics of cloud computing and Azure, and how to get started with Azure’s subscriptions and accounts.
- Describe the advantages of using cloud computing services, learning to differentiate between the categories and types of cloud computing, and how to examine the various concepts, resources, and terminology that are necessary to work with Azure architecture.
- Outline the core services available with Microsoft Azure.
- Discuss the core solutions that encompass a wide array of tools and services from Microsoft Azure.
- Describe the general security and network security features, and how you can use the various Azure services to help ensure that your cloud resources are safe, secure, and trusted.
- Discuss the identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features, and how Azure can help your secure access to cloud resources, what it means to build a cloud governance strategy, and how Azure adheres to common regulatory and compliance standards.
- Discuss the factors that influence cost, tools you can use to help estimate and manage your cloud spend, and how Azure’s service-level agreements (SLAs) can impact your application design decisions.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for program managers and technical sales, with a general IT background. These students want to learn about our offerings, see how components are implemented, and ask questions about products and features. This course does not provide an Azure pass or time in the classroom for students to do any hands-on activities. Students can get a free trial and do the walkthroughs outside of class. This course is primarily lecture and demonstrations. This course will help prepare someone for the AZ-900 exam.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course. However, the more technical knowledge a student has, the more they will understand about the cloud.