This course covers incident response methods and procedures are taught in alignment with industry frameworks such as US-CERT’s NCISP (National Cyber Incident Response Plan), and Presidential Policy Directive (PPD) 41 on Cyber Incident Coordination Policy. It is ideal for candidates who have been tasked with managing compliance with state legislation and other regulatory requirements regarding incident response, and for executing standardized responses to such incidents. The course introduces procedures and resources to comply with legislative requirements regarding incident response. This course is designed to assist students in preparing for the CertNexus Incident Responder Credential (CIR-110). What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of best practices in preparation for incident response
- Given a scenario, execute incident response process
- Explain general mitigation methods and devices
- Assess and comply with current incident response requirements.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed primarily for IT leaders and company executives who are responsible for complying with incident response legislation. This course focuses on the knowledge, resources, and skills necessary to comply with incident response, and incident handling process requirements.
General understanding of cybersecurity concepts.
- The Importance of Risk Management
- Integrating Documentation into Risk Management