The Network+ Certification will teach you the fundamental principles of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network technologies and help you to progress a career in network administration. It will prepare you to take the CompTIA Network+ exam by providing 100% coverage of the objectives and content examples listed on the syllabus.
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Describe the features of different network protocols and products for LANs, WANs, and wireless networks.
- Understand the functions and features of TCP/IP addressing and protocols.
- Identify threats to network security and appropriate countermeasures and controls.
- Install and configure network cabling and appliances.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot networks.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for IT professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration, or who wish to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification (Exam N10-007).
Regardless of whether you have passed A+, it is recommended that you have the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Configure and support PC, laptop, mobile (smartphone / tablet), and print devices.
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches, routers).
- Configure and manage users, groups, and shared resources in a simple SOHO network.
- Understand the use of basic access control measures, such as authentication, security policy, encryption, and firewalls.
- Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols and troubleshooting tools.